In the event of an auto accident, call 911 for reporting purposes. You should speak to the other driver only to obtain his or her information. Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than law enforcement officers, your employer and your insurance agent.
Immediately following an accident:
• Make sure everyone is uninjured, and call medical emergency personnel if necessary.
• Move your vehicle out of harm’s way.
• Remain calm, and don’t argue with the other driver.
• Talk to the other driver only to obtain the following information:
– Name, address and contact information
– License number and state
– Insurance information
– Witness information
You can report a claim online or by phone. You will need to provide us with the following information:
• Your name, address and which vehicle was involved
• The name and address of the person driving the insured vehicle if it wasn’t you
• A basic description of what happened
• The severity of the damage
• Estimated time and location of the accident
• Contact information of the others involved or witnesses